Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stonyfield Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt

Have you tried Stonyfield's Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt yet?

If not you should.























Greek yogurt is said to have twice the protein as regular yogurt, less lactose, and less carbs (for those keeping track). It's also organic and holds up like rich thick cream (since all the liquid whey has been strained from the yogurt).

It's the texture that I like. Oikos is thick enough to use a starter if you happen to make yogurt at home. I also use greek yogurt in baked goods like Lemon Yogurt Cake or eat it topped with Maple Almond Granola or mix it with a garlic clove, fresh herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil to dress salad greens.























You can choose from eight different flavors, including plain (my favorite since I like to pair it with other food), vanilla, honey, blueberry, strawberry, honey, caramel, and chocolate.

The one drawback is that Oikos makes only one fat category, 0%. To me, yogurt needs some fat in order to eat by itself. Cooking, baking, and saucing with fat-free yogurt is fine since the flavor is cloaked. So my suggestion for Stonyfield is to offer a 2% option for those of us who like a little more heft to our yogurt.

Disclosure: While I received greek yogurt samples from Stonyfield, all opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails